Thursday, May 14, 2009

this is my job:




So... in light of the horrid recession, budget and salary cuts and all out Swine Flu plague, HR has been tasked to boost morale by organizing a Team Building Day. Yay!! Ropes courses were outlawed to do some employees' concerns. So plans for a cookout and scavenger hunt at a local Episcopal retreat center are underway. I am bowing out of any decision making role as I will sadly be at class during this "Kick Off Cook Out" if you will, and fellow Ambassadors in Chains, I know you will...

Anyway, thought I'd share this email between my boss Sybil and our Motivational Speaker for the event as it pretty much sums things up (read it from bottom to top):


. . . . . . .



From: sspurgeon@homesforkids.org
Sent: Wednesday, May 13, 2009 11:26 PM
To:
rweiglein@homesforkids.org
Subject: FW: ForKids Teambuilding Day


Mayday . . . have I ever mentioned my deep abiding hatred for headgear?



From: kisselltalks@cs.com
Sent: Wednesday, May 13, 2009 7:33 PM
To:
sspurgeon@homesforkids.org
Subject: Re: ForKids Teambuilding Day


Sybil,


I was at AC Moore today, a craft store. They had really neat colorful visors for only a buck. They have some materials that can be used to decorate them. This would be cheaper than shirts! Everyone could decorate one and wear it outside. They are located on VB Blvd. Or Michaels may have them as well, just a thought.

Steve


-----Original Message-----

From: sspurgeon@homesforkids.org
To: kisselltalks@cs.com
Sent: Wed, 13 May 2009 4:37 pm
Subject: RE: ForKids Teambuilding Day


Hi Steve:

We are confirmed with our venue, Talbot Hall, for Monday, 6/8. That is our final date, I promise!!

Thanks for the great ideas for our afternoon – we have a lot to work with in planning!! I’ll be in touch soon.

-Sybil






No comments: