Tuesday, November 2, 2010
I'm a new soul, I came to this strange world...
How sexy is the new MacBook Air? I really want it. Actually, I need it. Here's why:
1. My current MacBook has no battery. I mean, it won't work unless plugged in. If unplugged it dies within 2 seconds.
2. Due to a major meltdown caused by the cursed Flip Videocam (which was required for school), I had to move all my files (pictures, music) onto an External Hard Drive over a year ago. I have yet to figure out how to access them.
3. Since moving my music onto my External HD, iTunes has vanished from my computer. This means 2 terrible things: 1) I can't listen to my music. 2) I can't download the updates for my iPhone.
4. My compture can't handle downloading the new iTunes. I think I need Snow Leopard or whatev it's called.
5. Due to not being able to update my iPhone I can't receive picture text messages. Or send them.
6. A friend told me that I can fix these problems buy purchasing more RAM, Gigs, a new battery and a bigger Hard Drive. My eyeballs turn to swirls when he said this and I put my fingers in my ears and said "LA LA LA LA". Meaning, I need a new computer.
Anyway, this is not an elaborate excuse for why I can't hold up my end of the Katie and Ruthie CD Exchange via Snail Mail project, although I realize it might sound that way.
My laptop is 4.5 years old. How long should I expect it to last? Should I put money into fixing it or buy a new one? (Hint, there's only one right answer.)